Wednesday, November 20, 2013

(Nov Awareness Month) Trying to eat

See Days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

My youngest child is 6 years old now.  I would think it would be easy to get everyone settled down to a meal and actually eat.  But being diagnosed with diabetes complicates everything!  First I have to settle the younger three kids down.  Second I have to help my oldest daughter (type 1 diabetic) to calculate carbs and dose insulin through her pump.  Third I have to take my blood sugar, calculate my carbs and dose my insulin pen (which all of the kids cringe at me getting a shot whether it hurts that time or not).  Then I have to keep everyone away from my food because I bolused for all of that!!  I need to apologize to God because sometimes I forget to pray or don't remember until I'm halfway done.  :)

No comments: