This is from the back of the Kroger Chocolate Graham Cracker box. Everyone who has tried it loves it! I've tried similar peanut butter bar recipes that didn't really impress me. The chocolate graham crackers really take this recipe to a new level. I do suggest doubling the milk chocolate chips for the top layer. By posting here, I won't lose the recipe. :) My notes are in parentheses.
Chocolate Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Bars
Makes: 24 servings
10 squares Chocolate Graham Crackers, crumbled
1 18 oz. jar peanut butter (or similar size like 16.3 oz)
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 lb. powdered sugar
2 cups milk chocolate morsels (or my suggestion 3-4 cups, which is 1.5-2 packages)
1. To make graham cracker crumbs: Place graham cracker squares into a large plastic bag, and using a rolling pin, crush crackers into crumbs to make 1 cup.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream together peanut butter and butter until soft and smooth. (I've used natural peanut butter, though tasty it seemed a bit dry so you might add more butter if you think your natural peanut butter might also be thick or dry.)
3. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth, then beat in graham cracker crumbs. Beat until well blended and moist.
4. Spread mixture in a 9x13 inch pan.
5. Melt the chocolate morsels (microwave) and pour over mixture.
6. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
7. Cut into bars and serve.
Refrigerate any leftovers
--from Kroger Chocolate Graham Crackers box (these are not regular graham crackers but specifically chocolate flavored and not graham sticks)