Friday, September 6, 2013

Normal life, thoughts from my head

I'm not sure where the package of paper plates came from.  But it was sitting on the chair in our kitchen and I'm thankful for it.  One more item to mark off the grocery list this week.  Bizarre how the paper plates might have gotten there but I'm not going to dwell on it (any more than it took to put in this post at least).  :)

We went on vacation last week, so wonderful to finally visit Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.  I got to ride so many roller coasters, it was so fun!  Thank you to my husband for spending hours with our 4 children in the kids' section while I rode those roller coasters.  But I didn't want to tell you about our vacation or Cedar Point, what I really wanted to tell you was the epiphany I had while I was in the bathroom.

I was in our hotel room bathroom and I was thinking how wonderful it is to be on vacation.  But then I thought about diabetes and how complicated it can be and how even on vacation you have to change the toilet paper rolls.  And that's what diabetes is like.  Even when you're on vacation, you still have to go to the bathroom.  And even when you're on vacation, you have to treat your diabetes.  If I was in the hospital I might have a catheter so I wouldn't have to get up and go to the bathroom.  So if I was in the hospital, they might take care of my diabetes for me.  But right now I'm not in the hospital, so I have to go to the bathroom and I have to care for my own diabetes!  I have to change the toilet paper roll because I'm not sure anyone in my family is going to do it.

So there was my grand epiphany, taking care of diabetes is kind of like taking care
 of bathroom business.  It's constant, sometimes it's pretty easy.  But it has to be done.  :)

No comments: