Friday, November 14, 2014

It's here! Diabetes Day is here!

We're celebrating by counting carbs and dosing insulin.  So pretty much like every day around here.  :)  Something new was changing the cartridge on my daughter's insulin pen.  This is our newest insulin-taker, my 2nd oldest (note to self - need nicknames on here) was prescribed a refillable half unit dosing insulin pen (forgive me for not knowing the exact name, there are 2 brands that I'm aware of).  It's a little intimidating, but also very nice to be able to turn the dial forwards and backwards and dose in half units! 

I would love a cure.  I am in awe of the early researchers of insulin, they gave all diabetics the chance at wellness and continued life.  My oldest daughter's diagnosis was scary, and I can't imagine taking her to the hospital where there was no insulin, no treatment, only wasting away and death. 

I am thankful for necessary-don't-judge-me-for-taking-insulin-I'm-diabetic.  I am thankful for improving treatments.  I am thankful we're all here today.  I am thankful, but I am waiting - waiting for that cure.
Thanks to Kerri for the above ear worm.  :)

No comments: