Saturday, June 18, 2011

Around my house

My oldest is going to camp this summer. Considering her medical needs (type 1 diabetic), this is a big deal. It is a diabetes camp and it's less than one week. But we are a bit nervous. Our daughter is pretty sheltered since we homeschool. My husband and I agreed before she went to camp we would talk more about "the birds and the bees" and biblical worldview. Since this isn't a church camp, we know that she'll probably meet lots of kids with different views. Also, we'll be talking about not following others, not doing everything someone else asks, and how other kids are not always nice. Lots of stuff she would probably learn if she had been in public school all along. I'll be somewhere between being in a fetal position holding the home phone and cell phone AND fixing the other 3 kids any and every dessert they want that we don't usually have! :) Admittedly, it should be a nice break from having to count carbs every moment of every day (trust me, you don't want to know how many carbs are in what you're eating!).

We've had a round of birthdays so my oldest is now 10, the 2nd daughter is 8, my son is 6, and my youngest (our baby!) is 4. Aaaackkkk with a side of tears thrown in!

My son was singing Peppermint Patty's song from Peanuts, "I'm in shake, I'm in shake, I'm in shake. I run five miles every morning . . .". We had to correct him that it's shape, not shake. Very funny though! Hope all is well in your corner of the world today. :)

No comments: